After spending too much time on Facebook just now, I came up with the resolution to strive to be happy this year. There has been so much death recently; making me once again realize that life is too short. With all the negativity going on in the world, I think it only makes sense to be a light for others. In order to be a light, I’ve got to love myself and be happy.
So what will make me happy?
- Spend time with my family (especially my nephews and nieces)
- Spend time in God’s word (and working on some bible studies)
- Be more optimistic
- Go to at least 2 professional baseball games
- Help put on a successful Las Vegas #RelayForLife event
- Become a better leader for my staff at work
- Work on my health and fitness (including nutrition)
- Perform my Nevada Public Health Association’s duties in a timely manner
- Rebuild a relationship with my brother
- Work on my relationship with my mother
- Visit my aunt in Colorado
- Save to take CW on an east coast trip
- Reduce my debt
- Read the Harry Potter series again
- Give my house a thorough cleaning
- Keep my house a little cleaner
- Help out friends when needed
- Get my foot/hip problem fixed
- Take a trip somewhere with my mom
- Visit my pals in Reno
- Stay connected with friends and family
Here’s to 2016…learning, loving, relaxing, rebuilding, working, playing and being happy!