It took me a long minute, but I finally caved and join the podcast movement in 2017 (maybe why by blog postings came to a screeching halt!). Since then, I’ve listened to myriad episodes ranging from comedy to leadership, but mostly true crime [Bob Ruff you are my favorite!]. I’ve decided to write down what I’ve listed to as a reminder of my time well spent.
- #IMomSoHard The Podcast (2020-Current)
- Accused (2021-Current)
- Actual Innocence (2021)
- Affirmative Murder Podcast (2022)
- Aftermath (2021-2022)
- Against the Odds (2021)
- Algorithm (2021)
- American Hostage (2022)
- American Radical (2021)
- American Scandal (2021)
- And then they were Gone (2022)
- An Oral History of The Office (July 2020-Current)
- Around the Track: A Relay For Life Podcast (August 2017-December 2017) – The best and only podcast out there dedicated to all things Relay For Life! Melissa and Will share stories and ideas related to Relay twice every week to help you make your Relay event even better!
- At the Table with Patrick Lencioni (2021)
- Atlanta Monster (2022-2023)
- Autumn’s Oddities (2022)
- Believed (November 2018) – How did Larry Nassar, an Olympic gymnastics doctor, get away with abusing hundreds of women and girls for two decades? Believed is an inside look at how a team of women won a conviction in one of the largest serial sexual abuse cases in U.S. history. It’s a story of survivors finding their power in a cultural moment when people are coming to understand how important that is. It’s also an unnerving exploration of how even well-meaning adults can fail to believe.
- Blood Ties (May; July 2020) – When Eleonore and Michael Richland lose their parents unexpectedly in a small plane crash, they must choose between two very different paths: honor their father’s legacy as a world-renowned cardiologist and health care magnate — or risk everything for the truth.
- Bob & Weave (November 2019-Current) Hosts Bob Ruff and Zaq Weaver sit down to discuss controversial topics. The concept is to open up friendly conversations about unfriendly topics (e.g., Bigfoot, Epstein, Botham Jean/Amber Guyger).
- Bone Valley (2023)
- Breakdown (December 2018-January 2019; June 2020-Current)
- Season 1 – Railroad Justice in a Railroad Town
- Season 2 – Death in a Hot Car – Mistake or Murder?
- Season 3 – Predator, M.D.
- Season 4 – Murder Below the Gnat Line
- Season 5 – The McIver Murder Case
- Season 6 – A Jury of His Peers
- Season 7
- California City: The Dark Side of the American Dream (2021-2022)
- Canadian True Crime (2021-Current)
- Captain Hunter’s Podcast (2021-2022)
- Casefile (2021-Current)
- Chameleon: Dr. Dante – Master of Deception (2022)
- Chasing Cosby (2020)
- Cheddar’s Need2Know (July 2019-2021) – Weekday podcast giving all the news you need to start your day. Everything from politics and business, to entertainment and the stories going viral is covered…with an added bit of humor so you can start your day with a smile.
- Cold (December 2019) – Susan Powell Case Files: Susan Powell disappeared from her home in December of 2009. Her body has never been found. The man suspected of killing her was never arrested or charged. This podcast begins the complete story of the search for Susan.
- Cold Case Murder Mysteries (June 2019-Current) – A true crime podcast exploring unsolved cases by way of psychology and evolution. [Not on board with all of his conclusions, but it is an interesting way to look at some of these cases]
- Confronting Columbine (2020)
- Confronting: O.J. Simpson (April 2020) – 25 years after the crimes that ignited the “Trial of the Century” Kim Goldman, sister of murder victim Ron Goldman, is digging deep into the vicious crime that changed her life, and many others, forever. There has been much debate and confusion about what really happened the night of those brutal murders and for the first time Kim gets answers to questions that have been haunting her since the trial. She sits down with prosecutors, investigators, and witnesses who never got to speak and jurors who voted not guilty. In this 10-part series, Kim takes you on a journey as she reclaims and reflects on the part of her life that was changed permanently.
- Convicted Across Borders (2021)
- Counter Clock (2020)
- Craig Groeschel Leadership Podcast
- Crime Beat
- Crime Interrupted (2021-Current)
- Crime Junkie (2020-2021)
- Crimes of the Centuries with Amber Hunt (2021-Current)
- Daily Grace The Podcast (2020-2021)
- Deadly Secrets: The Lawson Family Murder (2020)
- Death Island (2023)
- Devil in the Dorm (2023)
- Dirty John (June 2020) – Debra Newell is a successful interior designer. She meets John Meehan, a handsome man who seems to check all the boxes: attentive, available, just back from a year in Iraq with Doctors Without Borders. But her family doesn’t like John, and they get entangled in an increasingly complex web of love, deception, forgiveness, denial, and ultimately, survival.
- Do No Harm (2021)
- Don’t Make Me Come Back There
- Dude It’s a Cult (2023)
- Ear Hustle (November 2018-Current) – The daily realities of life inside prison shared by those living it, and stories from the outside, post-incarceration
- 88 Days: The Jayme Closs Story (2021)
- Even The Rich (February 2020-Current) – Sometimes we all think our lives are crazy. Co-hosts Brooke Siffrinn and Aricia Skidmore-Williams pull back the curtain and dish on someone else’s craziness for a change. Brooke and Aricia tell the stories of some of the greatest family dynasties in history, from the Murdochs to the Carters (Jay-Z and Beyoncé, that is). Because as none other than Queen Elizabeth once said, “A good gossip is a wonderful tonic.”
- Facing Evil (2021-Current)
- Facing Evil with Candace DeLong (2021)
- Fair Game with Leah Remini and Mike Rinder (2020-2022)
- FBI Retired Case File Review with Jeri Williams (2021-Current)
- Forty Eight Hours Podcast
- Foul Play (2022-Current)
- Framework Leadership
- Gladiator: Aaron Hernandez and Football Inc. (April 2020) – Football star Aaron Hernandez went from the bright lights of the Super Bowl to a convicted murderer in a few years. The Boston Globe’s Spotlight Team, best known for its investigation of the sexual abuse scandal inside the Catholic Church, takes a hard look at the crisis facing football through the lens of Aaron Hernandez’s life and terrible crimes. Did a brain badly damaged by football contribute to Hernandez’s violent behavior? Did he keep secrets about his sexuality that collided with a hyper-masculine football culture? Did elite coaches and teams look the other way as Hernandez was spiraling out of control? Spotlight uncovered new documents, audio, and interviews to go deep into the story of what happened to Aaron Hernandez, and what it means for those of us who cheer on a violent game.
- Guru: The Dark Side of Enlightenment (2020)
- Help Me Teach the Bible (2020-2021)
- Hidden Brain (2021)
- Hope In Darkness: The Joshua Holt Story
- House of Broken Dreams: The Jennifer Kesse Story (2021)
- I am the Storm
- Influential Personal Brand Podcast (2020)
- In the Dark
- Insomniac (2023)
- It was Simple: The Betty Broderick Murders (2021)
- Jesus Calling (2021)
- Joe Exotic: Tiger King (April 2020) – The story about Joe “Exotic” Shreibvogel, who has devoted his life to raising and breeding lions, tigers, and other exotic animals. He croons ballads, shoots guns, and puts it all on YouTube. But throughout his career, he’s made a lot of enemies. One of the biggest being with big cat sanctuary owner, Carole Baskin. Their feud started off as a petty squabble, that got messy and eventually viscous. They fought and fought until both were pushed to their breaking points. In the end only one would be left standing.
- Killer Psyche with Candace DeLong (2021-Current)
- Lost Hills (2021)
- Made Us
- ManSlaughter (2021)
- Martinis & Murder
- Metaphysical Milkshake with Rainn and Reza (2022)
- Minds of Madness (2022)
- Missing in America (2022-Current)
- Mommy Doomsday (2021)
- Money Rehab (2022-Current)
- The Zodiac Killer (2023)
- DC Sniper (2023)
- Monsters Who Murder (2022-Current)
- Murder in Alliance (2021)
- Murder in Hollywood
- Murder in Illinois (2022-Current)
- Murder in Miami (2020)
- 9/12 (2023)
- Norco ’80 (2020-2021)
- Office Ladies (November 2019-Current) – The Office co-stars and best friends, Jenna Fischer and Angela Kinsey, are doing the ultimate The Office re-watch podcast for you. Each episode Jenna and Angela break down an episode of The Office and give exclusive behind the scene stories that only two people who were there, can tell you.
- Off the Beat with Brian Baumgartner (2021)
- Operator (2021)
- Over My Dead Body (April 2020) – Dan and Wendi are two good-looking attorneys whose wedding is featured in the New York Times. But when this “perfect” couple falls apart, it leads to a bad breakup, a worse divorce, and a horrific murder.
- Paper Ghosts; In Plain Sight (2020)
- Pokémon Go Podcast (2020)
- Real AF with Andy Frisella (2021)
- Real Crime Profile (July 2020-Current)
- Root of Evil: The True Story of the Hodel Family and the Black Dahlia (In the pipeline) – When Elizabeth Short, also known as The Black Dahlia, was brutally killed in 1947, it gripped the entire country. More than 70 years later, it remains America’s most infamous unsolved murder. Many believe Dr. George Hodel was the killer, thanks to an investigation by Hodel’s own son. But murder is just part of the Hodel family story, one filled with horrifying secrets that ripple across generations. Now, through never-before-heard archival audio and first-time interviews, the Hodel family opens up to reveal their shocking story.
- Scene of the Crime (2021-2022)
- Selena: A Star Dies in Texas (2021)
- Serial (December 2018-January 2019)
- Season 1 – It’s Baltimore, 1999. Hae Min Lee, a popular high-school senior, disappears after school one day. Six weeks later detectives arrest her classmate and ex-boyfriend, Adnan Syed, for her murder. He says he’s innocent – though he can’t exactly remember what he was doing on that January afternoon. But someone can. A classmate at Woodlawn High School says she knows where Adnan was. The trouble is, she’s nowhere to be found.
- Season 2 – In the middle of the night, Pfc. Bowe Bergdahl grabs a notebook, snacks, water, some cash. Then he quietly slips off a remote U.S. Army outpost in eastern Afghanistan and into the dark, open desert. About 20 minutes later, it occurs to him: he’s in over his head.
- Season 3 – A year inside a typical American courthouse (Cleveland, OH) to discuss the extraordinary stories of ordinary cases.
- Sincerely Fortune
- Smartless (2021-2022)
- Somebody Somewhere (2020)
- Sounds Like a Cult (2023)
- Strange and Unexplained with Daisy Eagan (2022)
- Suspect (2022)
- Suspect Convictions
- The 5 AM Miracle
- The Black Dahlia Serial Killers
- The Boston Strangler (2021)
- The Chris Hogan Show (2018)
- The City (2022-Current)
- The Clearing
- The Crazy Ones (2022-Current)
- The Daily Crime (2021)
- The Daily Smile (2020)
- The Dating Game Killer (May 2020)
- The Drop Out (2021)
- The Generation Why Podcast
- The Global Leadership Summit
- The Michael Scott Paper Company (2021)
- The Minimalists (2021)
- The MLK Tapes (2022-Current)
- The Mysterious Mr. Epstein (April; July 2020) – The story of how a wealthy financier who was apparently able to elude justice for financial and sexual crimes from his first days as a young man on Wall Street, until the very end.
- The Piketon Massacre
- Season 1 –
- Season 2 –
- Season 3 –
- Season 4 –
- The Shrink Next Door (2020)
- The Teacher’s Pet
- The Thing about Helen & Olga (2021)
- The Vanished Podcast
- This is Actually Happening (2021)
- Tides of History (2020)
- Tiffany Dover is Dead (2023)
- True Crime Chronicles (2021)
- True Crime Daily– (2020-Current) True Crime Daily delivers in-depth true crime sagas showcasing the very best of crime journalism. From unsolved murders to compelling mysteries, undercover investigations and shocking crimes caught on camera, TCD brings stories from across America to national attention.
- True Crime Obsessed (2021-2022)
- True Murder (2021-2022)
- Truth & Justice (February 2019-Current) – Truth & Justice is a crowdsourced, true crime podcast hosted by Bob Ruff. Each season, Bob investigates a new case in search of truth and justice for victims and the wrongfully convicted alike. Bob and the Truth & Justice army have shown what is possible when people from all over the world come together.
- Season 1 – THE MURDER OF HAE MIN LEE
- Season 2 – THE MURDER OF ELNORA GRIFFIN; THE CASE OF KENNY SNOW
- Season 3 – THE MURDER OF KEOW GOVE
- Season 4 – THE CASE OF GEORGE POWELL III
- Season 5 – THE WEST MEMPHIS 3
- Season 6 – THE MELGARS
- Season 7 – THE MURDER OF BILL LITTLE
- Season 8 – THE COURTNEYS: Double Homicide
- Two Face (2023)
- Undisclosed (December 2018-Current) – Investigates wrongful convictions, and the U.S. criminal justice system, by taking a closer look at the perpetration of a crime, its investigation, the trial, and ultimate verdict…and finding new evidence that never made it to court.
- Unfinished (2021-2022)
- Unsolved Murders: True Crime Stories
- Up and Vanished (April 2020-Current) – An investigative true crime podcast hosted by Atlanta filmmaker Payne Lindsey. Up and Vanished aims to tell compelling, true stories and give these cases the exposure they deserve.
- Season 1 – Payne tackles his first cold case story, the unsolved disappearance of Georgia high school teacher and former pageant queen, Tara Grinstead. The 11-year-old case remains the largest case file in Georgia history and is still unfolding.
- Season 2 – Focuses on the disappearance of young mother Kristal Reisinger from a remote mountain town in Colorado.
- Whistleblower (2020, 2023)
- Who Killed Daphne (2022)
- Who Killed Jennifer Short? (2020)
- Without Warning (2021)
- Wrongful Convictions Podcasts
- Your Own Backyard (2021)