Well the times they are a sucking right now. Started out getting a few projects done around the house, but as we’ve hit week 6, I’m spending more of my time bingeing the worlds of Netflix, Disney+, Amazon and my DirecTV DVR with 5% storage remaining.
Here’s a run down of what I’ve been checking out:
Quarantine Week 1 (March 17-22):
- Netflix’s Tiger King – waited a few days as I was not really into the whole drama of going with the masses on this one, but the show surely provided much entertainment and lots of wild randomness – Carole EFN Baskin surely did feed that someone to the tigers (and may or may not have added sardine oil in the process)
Quarantine Week 2 (March 23-29):
- FOX’s Prodigal Son – been recording this show since last fall, but finally have the time to get through it.
Quarantine Week 3 (March 30-April 5)
- Oxygen Channel’s Cold Justice – Love Kelly and her crew! But damn how were some of these cases not solved originally?
Quarantine Weeks 4 & 5 (April 6-19):
- Oxygen Channel’s 12 Dark Days of Serial Killers:
- Catching a Serial Killer: Sam Little
- The Forgotten West Memphis Three
- Snapped: Notorious Hollywood Ripper
- Cold Justice
- Mark of a Killer
- Serial Killer with Piers Morgan
- Smiley Face Killers: The Hunt for Justice
- Dahmer on Dahmer: A Serial Killer Speaks
- Dirty John, The Dirty Truth
- Golden State Killer: Main Suspect
- Kemper on Kemper: Inside the Mind of a Serial Killer
- Killing Versace: The Hunt for a Serial Killer
- Manson: The Women
- Method of a Serial Killer
- Ted Bundy: In Defense Of
Quarantine Week 6 (April 20-26):
- Disney’s Frozen 2 – FINALLY! Soundtrack is definitely not as good as the first one.
- Amazon’s Hunters – Really Al? Not the ending I expected for Season 1
- CBS’s Blue Bloods – Tom. That is all! Maybe Will Estes too. [Was only 2 seasons behind before getting back on track]
Quarantine Week 7 (April 27-May 3):
- Uncut Gems, but not much of anything else really.
Quarantine Week 8 (May 4-10):
- Nothing worth noting. Pretty tired of the TV these days. Ready for the Rona to be over so we can get back to whatever the new normal looks like.
Quarantine Week 9 (May 11-17):
- Lifetime’s Patsy & Loretta – Two of the greatest women in Country Music. So sad Patsy died at such a young age (30). Loved checking out The Patsy Cline Museum when I was in Nashville a few years ago.
Quarantine Week 10 (May 18-24):
- Hulu’s Top of the Lake: China Girl – Ok. Was hooked after Season 1, but you lost me with Season 2. Did an internet search and found I wasn’t the only one doing the facepalm.
Quarantine Week 11 (May 25-31):
- Oxygen’s Killer Siblings – ?
- Lifetime’s I Am Elizabeth Smart – Great story about overcoming adversity. Love that Elizabeth is such an advocate now, has blossomed into an amazing woman given her tribulations. Victim to Survivor!
- Lifetime’s Drew Peterson: Untouchable – Drew=Douche
- Lifetime’s Cleveland Abduction – just a gross and disheartening story of young women and a horrible long ordeal they had to go through.
- Lifetime’s New York Prison Break: The Seduction of Joyce Mitchell – Wow. Just wow. It is so sad to see women (and men) fall victim to devious plots by other human beings. Love yourself first so you can be more open to seeing others’ manipulation attempts against you is all I am going to say.
Quarantine Week 12 (June 1-7)
- Netflix’s Jeffrey Epstein: Filthy Rich – Just disgusting what the FBI covered up to keep this scumbag out of prison.
- Oxygen Channel’s Cold Justice – More Kelley.
Quarantine Week 13 (June 8-14):
- Netflix’s Seven – Little different but lots of crazy once things got rolling.
- Netflix’s Unbelievable
- Netflix’s Waco – Why does everything have to be so fricken political. We can’t all get along because someone or some agency always has to have the upper hand and be the big man on campus. What would the world look like if we all were able to actually converse and not have to pick sides or be forced to be politically correct all the time? Tell it like it is. Stop the cover ups. If you made a mistake, own up to it. People die every day because others just can’t quite bite the bullet and humble themselves enough to apologize and/or listen to reason.
Quarantine Weeks 14 & 15 (June 15-28):
- Got to take a trip to see my Reno peeps. Met up with @CindiKay’s parents and had some lake time with kayaking and s’mores :).
- Golden Girls
Quarantine Week 16 (June 29-July 5):
- Not much worth noting. Spent lots of time celebrating Cole Wyatt. Did catch some of NBC’s The Office with him 🙂
Quarantine Week 17 (July 6-12):
- Frazier and lots of time out in the sun. Had a little staycation at the Venetian and it was lovely to just pretend to get away for a few days.
Quarantine Week 18 (July 13-19):
- Netflix’s Athlete A – So tired of hearing how the FBI knows about some of these heinous child crimes and yet it just seems to be cover up after cover up after cover up. Excited to see ? go on to do amazing at OU after she was blacklisted by the US Gymnastics team.
- Netflix’s F is for Family
- The Lincoln Lawyer
Quarantine Week 19 (July 20-26):
- Bob’s Burgers
- Family Guy
- Braves & Giants Baseball #ChopOn (don’t even get me started about all of the rebranding of team names, mascots and fan do’s & don’ts)
Quarantine Week 20 (July 27-August 2):
In the pipeline to watch: